Helsinki Challenge competition winner revealed at Award Party on 24 Nov
Follow the season’s most thought-provoking event live to see who wins the competition!
During the year, the seven finalist teams have been developing their science-based ideas with mentors and collaborators. At the Award Party, the finalists present their solutions and the Grand Jury will select the winner.
Team HeatStock in the final
Aalto-lead Team HeatStock is one of finalists which is headed by Senior Scientist Ari Seppälä. The team has been working on a new kind of material that stores heat for long periods of time i.e. heat is collected in the summer and stored for the winter months. ‘We can make the world cleaner and our use of natural resources smarter. This will also have a positive effect on the climate’, says Ari Seppälä.
The finalists are:
- Putting the power of diagnostics in the hands of patients./Team POCKit
- Young generation learns global competencies and builds better future./Team Dlearn.Helsinki
- Our unique material enables efficient long-term storing of thermal energy./Team HeatStock
- Double-screen trap and novel vaccine to prevent mosquito-borne illnesses./Team ELMO
- Evidence-based parenting skills for every family in the world./Team Parental Box
- A decision-making system for drug combination treatment in cancer./Team iCombine
- 3D-printed minikidneys give kidney failure patients hope for the future./FutuRena.
The registration has closed and the event is fully-booked.
The event will be streamed live.
Read about the finalists. (challenge.helsinki.fi)